Nobody likes the work of cleaning a dirty bathroom, but everyone enjoys using a clean bathroom…
We all know that the bathroom is one of the most frightful, dirty spaces that accumulate tons of germs, more than any other room in our home.
I don’t need to get into all of the specifics of WHAT it is that we are cleaning, but it’s important that I share with you that the HOW you are cleaning your bathroom might be doing more harm to your health than any benefits from cleaning.
After reading this, we know that the chances of you grabbing one of your old toxic cleaners to use is very slim. You won’t believe that it’s even illegal to sell items with those kinds of ingredients!
The objective of cleaning is to get your home looking great, smelling fresh, and healthy and clean for the whole family to live in. When you use traditional bathroom cleaners, you are actually doing the opposite of helping your health and wellbeing.
Take a look at a few of the common chemical ingredients you’ll find in conventional bathroom cleaning products and what they could do to your health. We don’t take these lightly as they are EXTREMELY toxic and you should never expose your family to them:
- Perchloroethylene or “PERC” – lung cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, harm to the kidney, liver and central nervous system
- Formaldehyde – This has been linked to a host of respiratory and skin issues, but more fearsome is that it has also been linked to cancer, ALS and a host of nervous system dysfunctions and diseases.
- Ammonia – this compound is incredibly corrosive, causing damage to the skin, eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract. It can also cause blindness, lung damage and has been linked to multiple deaths when the exposure was too great.
- Bleach – I don’t think I need to spend too much time explaining how terrible bleach is for you and your family. Bleach was the superweapon of cleaning in the 70’s, but public opinion has rightfully swayed away from this corrosive and deadly substance. We will just say “don’t do it, you know better” for this one 🙂
- Phthalates – In the past few years, researchers have linked phthalates to asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity and type II diabetes, low IQ, neurodevelopmental issues, behavioral issues, autism spectrum disorders, altered reproductive development, and male fertility issues.
- Synthetic Fragrance – fragrance is being touted as the new second-hand smoke. Fragrance is a term that could mean any number of hundreds of toxic chemicals that are used to produce an artificial scent. The only safe synthetic fragrance is none. Fragrance is being linked to all sorts of health issues including respiratory illnesses, hormone disruption, and more.
The reason why this is also so scary is that we seem to detach ourselves from the fact that we clean the surfaces in our bathroom, but then come in direct contact with them.
(I’m typing this after giving my kids a bath and thinking of bathing them in a tub cleaned with chemicals is sickening! 😫)
The government doesn’t even require companies to list all ingredients unless it is a KNOWN concern. That means many toxic chemicals that we aren’t even aware of are lurking in our cleaning products, and many of these companies are tasked with regulating themselves.
We always think these products aren’t harmful to us and nothing bad could ever happen, until it does…
We wanted to give you an option that skipped past all of this awful toxicity. So that you could restore your bathroom to a clean and safe place, without putting your health at risk in the name of “sterilization”.
Another brutal byproduct of typical bathroom cleaners is that the containers are rarely ever recycled! Most areas do not have the proper facilities for cleaning the containers enough of their toxic contents to be recycled, so even though you put it in the recycling bin, they end up in the landfill.
I knew that we could create a cleaning product that was powerful enough to get your bathroom clean but gentle enough to use around your family… and that’s when we discovered citric acid as a powerful active ingredient.
We started playing around with various other natural cleaning ingredients, and carefully formulated an incredible product that has just 4 incredibly gentle yet powerful ingredients:
- Citric Acid (derived from lemon juice)
- Alkylpolyglucoside (a biodegradable ingredient derived from the plant starch of sugar and coconuts)
- D-Limonene (sourced from the peel of citrus fruits)
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (cleaning agent derived from coconuts)
We have put this product to the test cleaning dozens of bathrooms and the reviews have come in to reinforce our pride in this solution. Here are some areas of the bathroom you can put this product to work and see results:
- Stainless Steel
- Ceramic Tiles
A scent-free, non-toxic bathroom cleaner that can go toe to toe with the big guys’ chemical concoctions is the secret bathroom-cleaning weapon you deserve, and we are proud to be able to offer it to you with our Truly Free Citric Acid Bathroom Cleaner.
As with all of our Truly Free products, the Bathroom Cleaner comes with the last container you’ll ever need and is refillable with our highly-concentrated refill system. Simply re-order your refill packages, mix with water, and you also made the leap away from single-use plastics and into true sustainability in home cleaning.
Order yours today and upgrade your cleaning journey with us now.