Look, we all have some serious stains and odors that end up taking over our place from time to time…
- That gym bag that didn’t cost you anything, but for some reason you just can’t throw away even though it reeks?
- The glass of red wine you dropped on the carpet while dancing with your friends and thought, let’s just clean it up tomorrow?
- A toddler has an accident in their car seat and taking the seat cover off is like wrestling a mechanical bull?
- The poop that your brother took which is threatening to ruin your birthday party?
Over the last 30 years, the emergence of the “breezy” fresh cleaners and wall-socket plugins has been widespread. Nobody wants a smelly space when company comes over, and these options offer a quick cheat code to hacking your way to freedom from odors.
But what is the cost??
Did you know that most of these products contain chemicals that cause nerve damage?
Not even joking, this is a part of their effectiveness. They damage your olfactory nerve so that you temporarily cannot smell as well, and tricking you into thinking that they have eliminated the odors.
They also do absolutely nothing to remove stains from fabric, carpet and other materials.
Basically, these products are all bark and no bite.
Here are a couple of offenders in conventional air fresheners:
- Benzisothiazolinone, or BIT – A commonly used chemical fungicide aimed at eliminating bacteria that cause odors. Unfortunately, it is a toxic nightmare, and the health effects are extremely broad, untested and largely unknown.
BIT has been banned for use in cosmetics products (as a preservative) due to the toxic nature of the compound and the effects that it has on the skin and respiratory system.
- Phthalates – In the past few years, researchers have linked phthalates to asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity and type II diabetes, low IQ, neurodevelopmental issues, behavioral issues, autism spectrum disorders, altered reproductive development and male fertility issues.
Here are a handful of other absolute disgusting chemicals you’ll find in your store-bought deodorizers:
- Acetaldehyde– cancer and reproductive toxicity.
- Dibutyl Hydroxy Toluene- linked with neurotoxicity, hormone disruption, allergies, and irritation to the skin, eyes, or lungs.
- Ethyl Acetate– brain and nervous system toxicity.
- Synthetic Fragrance – fragrance is being touted as the new second-hand smoke. It is prominent in so many household cleaners, yet nobody really knows what it is. The reality is that when a company labels “fragrance” on their package, it could be any combination of hundreds of synthetic smells that science is now starting to uncover the true cost of.
Fragrances have been shown to disrupt hormone activity, reduce sperm counts, and cause reproductive malformation, and have been linked to liver and breast cancer, diabetes, and obesity. Additionally, studies by Dr. Philip J. Landrigan of the Mount Sinai Children’s Environmental Health Center, link fetal exposure with autism, ADHD, and neurological disorders.
What the commercials train us to do is that as soon as we spray these in our home to take a nice deep breath and just take in how wonderful it smells.
We are all smart enough to know that anything which smells that heavily of chemicals though, simply can’t be good for us…and that instinct couldn’t be more correct.
One final reason to never use this conventional store-bought solution: unrecyclable plastic waste. Even those which come in containers that say they can be recycled are often not recyclable due to the contents.
The majority of recycling facilities do not have adequate processing facilities to wash and rinse every single container to the degree needed to recycle them, meaning they all end up in the landfill anyway after you put them in your blue box.
So… if everything on the shelves is more or less concentrated evil, what is it that we CAN use safely around our family and friends?
The answer is actually crazy simple: you use something that naturally digests the stains and odors – enzymes.
That’s right. Digest. If you think about the microbiome of our gut in our stomach and in our small and lower intestines, we have enzymes and bacteria. And what those enzymes and that bacteria do is literally digest food matter into its natural elements so our body can absorb them.
Rather than cause nerve damage in your nose to cover smells up, attempting to kill fungus with carcinogens, covering stains up with fragrances that cause a host of health problems, we are proud to have created something truly unique and safe.
Some of the chemical-based cleaning companies that are creating enzyme products are unfortunately using strings of enzymes that are extraordinarily synthetic. The challenge with these is that they have a serious downstream effect in the environment that is extremely disruptive.
The enzymes that we source and blend with are completely environmentally safe and do an amazing job at digesting organic stains and odors.
Even better, we offer this incredible 2-in-1 (Odor + Stain ELIMINATION) product in concentrated refill packs. This means your container will be the last you ever need, and all you need to do is add a refill package and some water when you are running low to refill.
Here is a snapshot of the surfaces you can use this product on:
- Gym Bag
- Carpets & Rugs
- Couches and furniture
- Sport Equipment
No more odors and stains, and no more environmental impact, all in one highly powerful and incredibly well formulated and engineered package…. this really is a breakthrough in home cleaning technology. Try it today!