Bathroom cleaning, not a favorite chore
We all know that the bathroom is one of the most frightful, dirty spaces that accumulate tons of germs. It can be dirtier than any other room in your home. But are you sure you’re cleaning it with a non-toxic bathroom cleaner? I don’t need to get into all of the specifics of WHAT it is that we are cleaning. However, I need to share with you that HOW you are cleaning your bathroom might be doing more harm to your health than any benefits from cleaning.
After reading this, I know the chances of you grabbing one of your old toxic cleaners is very slim. You won’t believe that it’s even illegal to sell items with those kinds of ingredients!
Let’s be real, the objective of cleaning is to get your home looking great and smelling fresh. To have a healthy and clean space for the whole family to live in. Actually, when you use traditional bathroom cleaners, you are doing the opposite of creating a healthy space.
Common ingredients in conventional bathroom cleaners
Take a look at a few of these chemical ingredients and what they could do to your health. We don’t take these lightly as they are EXTREMELY toxic and you should never expose your family to them:
- Perchloroethylene or “PERC” – lung cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, harm to the kidney, liver and central nervous system
- Formaldehyde – Has been linked to a host of respiratory and skin issues. Of higher concern is the link to cancer, ALS, and a host of nervous system dysfunctions and diseases.
- Ammonia – this compound is incredibly corrosive, causing damage to the skin, eyes, nose, throat, and respiratory tract. And it may cause blindness, lung damage and has been linked to multiple deaths when the exposure was too great.
- Bleach – Here’s the simple truth, bleach is terrible for you and your family. It was the superweapon of cleaning in the ’70s. Fortunately, people are learning to avoid this corrosive and deadly substance. I’ll just say “don’t do it, you know better” for this one.
- Phthalates – In the past few years, researchers have linked phthalates to asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity and type II diabetes, low IQ, neurodevelopmental issues, behavioral issues, autism spectrum disorders, altered reproductive development, and male fertility issues.
- Synthetic Fragrance – Touted as the new second-hand smoke. Linked to all sorts of health issues including respiratory illnesses, hormone disruption, and more. Fragrance is a term that could mean any number of hundreds of toxic chemicals. The only safe synthetic fragrance is none.
The reason why this is also scary is that we seem to detach ourselves from the fact that we clean the surfaces in our bathroom, but then come in direct contact with them.
(I’m typing this after giving my kids a bath and thinking of bathing them in a tub cleaned with chemicals is sickening! 😫)
The government doesn’t even require companies to list all ingredients unless it is a KNOWN concern. That means many toxic chemicals that we aren’t even aware of are lurking in our cleaning products, and many of these companies are tasked with regulating themselves.
We always think these products aren’t harmful to us and nothing bad could ever happen, until it does.
A solution for a non-toxic bathroom cleaner
I wanted to give you an option that skipped past all of this awful toxicity. So you could restore your bathroom to a clean and safe place, without putting your health at risk in the name of “sterilization”.
Another brutal byproduct of typical bathroom cleaners…the containers are rarely recycled! Most areas do not have the proper facilities for cleaning the containers well enough. Their toxic contents remain in the container. This means it cannot be recycled. So even though you put it in the recycling bin, they end up in the landfill.
I knew that we could create a cleaning product that was powerful enough to get your bathroom clean but gentle enough to use around your family. That’s when I discovered citric acid. A powerful active ingredient.
We started playing around with various other natural cleaning ingredients. Then carefully formulated an incredible product that has just 4 incredibly gentle yet powerful ingredients:
- Citric Acid (derived from lemon juice)
- Alkylpolyglucoside (a biodegradable ingredient derived from the plant starch of sugar and coconuts)
- D-Limonene (sourced from the peel of citrus fruits)
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (cleaning agent derived from coconuts)
This product has been put to the test in dozens of bathrooms. The reviews have come in to reinforce our pride in this solution.
The best place to use a bathroom cleaner
Here are some areas of the bathroom you can put this product to work and see results:
- Stainless Steel
- Ceramic Tiles
A scent-free, non-toxic bathroom cleaner that can go toe to toe with the big guys’ chemical concoctions. This is the secret bathroom-cleaning weapon you deserve. We are proud to be able to offer it to you with our Truly Free Citric Acid Bathroom Cleaner.
As with all of our Truly Free products, the Bathroom Cleaner comes with the last container you’ll ever need. It’s refillable with our highly-concentrated refill system. Simply re-order your refill packages, mix with water, and you’ve also made the leap away from single-use plastics and into true sustainability in home cleaning.
Upgrade your cleaning journey with us now.